- You can run multiple devices at the same time, but please be conscious of cost (e.g. running 3 devices for an hour is the same as running 1 device for 3 hours)
- When you stop/start a device any “local” configuration will be lost (some app settings, home screen app icon positions etc), but all “cloud” settings will be loaded (e.g. inventory, orders, etc)
- You cannot login to the system with live (payment gateway) accounts, only demo accounts
- Some 3rd party apps may have been built in a way which prevents them from running on the emulator. If you encounter any such apps, please reach out.
- Some apps may be difficult to run because of hardware limitations (no printer, card reader etc)
- Clover roll out official updates periodically. Similarly, the virtual devices are updated periodically. If you find a lot of app updates needed every time you login, please reach out.
If you are new to the platform, you should receive an e-mail inviting you to “run virtual device”. Click this button to get started:
You will need to set a password and click “join now”:
The device will immediately start creating:
If you are an existing user- visit https://cloud.geny.io/ to login.
Once logged in, click “templates” on the left-hand side and you should see a list of available devices:
You will see a list of running devices at the top of the screen. Click the action button to jump to a running device, or shut it down:
Select the actions button and click “start” to launch a new device:
This should take roughly 1 minute, then you will be asked to login. Here you must use the credentials you use to login to your Clover Dashboard:
You will be presented with a list of merchants linked to your Clover account. Select the relevant merchant and the device will begin synchronising inventory, orders, and any custom apps installed for that merchant:
You can stop a running device at any time by clicking “stop” from the action menu at the top of the screen:
PLEASE NOTE BILLING IS BASED ON USAGE AND DEVICES MUST BE SHUT DOWN WHEN NOT IN USE
BE CAREFUL WHEN LOGGING IN- IF YOU ENTER AN INCORRECT PASSWORD 3 TIMES, YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE IN YOUR OFFICE WILL BE LOCKED OUT FOR 1 HOUR